Tutorial Submissions Due:
Conference & Submission Link
September 20-23, 2021
Publications indexed by
Conference Call for Tutorials
We invite proposals for half and full-day tutorials to be held at IEEE eScience 2021 on September 20, 2021. The eScience 2021 Tutorial Program is intended to teach new and/or state-of-the art tools and techniques relevant to the eScience audience, disseminate information to conference attendees on recently emerging topics and trends, or provide surveys and overviews of related digital technologies.
We encourage all submissions that fall in the area of the conference, and particularly those that have a practical (hands-on) component which helps attendees learn the new technologies presented in the tutorial.
eScience2021 is held fully online this year. Tutorials must be conducted fully online. The eScience2021 organizer will provide the online conference tool for the tutorials organizer.
Please send any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
eScience 2021 Tutorials Program Co-Chairs: Peter Thoman, University of Innsbruck and Kento Sato, RIKEN R-CCS
April 07, 2021 April 15, 2021: Tutorial Proposal Deadline June 01, 2021 June 10, 2021: Tutorial Acceptance Notifications
September 20, 2021: Tutorials day
Submission of the cover sheet and the extended abstract
Submission Link: https://forms.gle/UsbBAxykPjmtbsB1A
Submissions should include (1) a cover sheet and (2) an extended abstract.
Requirements for the cover sheet
Your tutorial plan must be conducted as a form of online tutorials.
The cover sheet should include the following elements
- Title and length (either half-day, e.g. 3 hours plus breaks, or full day, e.g., 6 hours plus breaks) of the tutorial
- Short abstract (300 words)
- Intended audience (introductory, intermediate, advanced) and prerequisite knowledge or skills required
- Previous offerings of the tutorial if any
- Detailed contact information of all presenters (and indication of the main contact person)
- Brief biography (max. 2 paragraphs) for each presenter, highlighting relevant teaching experience
- File must be PDF
Requirements for the extended abstract
Your tutorial plan must be conducted as a form of online tutorials
The extended abstract (no longer than 2 pages) should include the following sections
- Brief outline of the topics to be covered
- Detailed agenda of the tutorial
- Links to related resources
- Type of support materials to be supplied to attendees
- Requirements for online conference system
- File must be PDF